Lunes, Disyembre 19, 2011

Typhoon Sendong Wrath

Photo courtesy of inquirer.net


The recent tax deduction made me so mad upon realizing how devastating my Christmas and New year would be. So I spent almost 3 days of tweeting hoping that the #cashbadlyneeded hashtag will be trending to at least let our company know that we almost want to burn the office particularly finance department to tell them how inconvenient it was on our part.

Anyway, the reason why I’m writing this blog is not to discuss about my tax, but it came to my realization yesterday that I am still lucky despite of the Tax impact on my salary this period. Why? Because of the wrath Sendong left last Thursday. The number of people who died in this calamity is almost 600 and counting, and thinking how Christmas will be spent by their families is truly depressing. Watching the news, really made me feel guilty of complaining, about how my Christmas and New Year would be since I have my whole family to celebrate it with.

Maybe, I suck handling my finances, that if only I assumed the implication of last month’s low tax deduction then I should have handled it differently. I feel saddened for the victims of Sendong, I’m sorry Jesus for being so selfish. Starting today, I will avoid complaining about the traffic, I will avoid complaining why I am fat, I will avoid every little complain about anything on earth that has impact on me,  and most of all, I should be thankful of everything I have on my plate. After all, Christmas is not about being rich, not about having extravagant celebration but it is rather the time to celebrate the day when Christ was born and the day to celebrate it with your family.

PS: For those of you who are wondering how they can extend their help with the victims of Sendong. You can donate as low as 5.00php just by texting through Philippine Red Cross.

Here’s how:
For Globe subscribers:
via SMS, c/o Red Cross – text RED <amount> and send to 2899 – valid donation amounts are P5, 25, 50, 100, 300, 500 and 1000 (For ex, RED 10). Transaction is free.
via GCASH, text DONATE<space><amount><space><MPIN><space><REDCROSS> and send to 2882

For Smart subscribers:
via SMS, c/o Red Cross – text RED <amount> and send to 4143 – valid donation amounts are P10, 25, 50, 100, 300, 500, 1000 (For ex, RED 10). 


You can also donate via Paypal or Credit card here: 
http://www.redcross.org.ph/donatenow


Let’s all not forget the meaning of Christmas. Be safe everyone.


Amen,
Lala

2 komento:

  1. Nakakalungkot yung nangyari sa CDO and Iligan. My prayers for the victim..

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Yes Yannie,I feel bad for them. Thanks for reading.

    Lala

    TumugonBurahin